COVID-19 Making This Time Count.
The COVID-19 pandemic has caught many people and not-for-profit associations by surprise. Fundraising events have been cancelled, offices have been closed, and volunteer meetings have been put off until further notice.
Even though we have been instructed to be apart at this time due to the COVID-19 virus outbreak, we can also find ways to remain a part of our community while alone indoors. After all, doing good for others in creative ways is also good for our own mental health and wellbeing, particularly when we’re bombarded by so much dark news, fear and anxiety.
There are plenty of enjoyable volunteer activities we can do indoors while we’re asked to isolate. Here are ten ideas to get you thinking.
- Knitting hats and blankets for a maternity ward.
- Using graphic design skills to put together a newsletter for your association.
- Writing new articles for an out-of-date website.
- Taking stock photographs and still images for your not-for-profit.
- Getting on the telephone and giving each of your donors a personal call.
- Following up with all of your volunteers. Seeing how they are doing and letting them know how much you appreciate them.
- Planning future fundraising events for your organization.
- Catching up with the accounting and statistics of your association.
- Looking up best practices for similar not-for-profits in other cities.
- Contacting other groups to discuss partnership opportunities.
Remember through this all you have to take care of yourself and your family. We will get through this as a community and as a country. Let’s all try to make the best of a tough situation.